Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at TulaByte (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
TulaByte is in the business of creating services that help in protecting your privacy, not in the business of collecting information about our users, and as such we collect no information about our users for any reason whatsoever (except your email address, should you wish to share the same with us), as explained below.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
You are encouraged to periodically review this Policy to stay informed of updates. You will be deemed to have been made aware of, will be subject to, and will be deemed to have accepted the changes in any revised Policy by your continued use of the Site after the date such revised Policy is posted.
Table of contents
- What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Do we use Google/Apple Maps?
- Do we use social media logins?
- Is your information transferred internationally?
- What is our stance on third-party websites?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this policy?
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
We, at TulaByte, respect your privacy fully and do not maintain any user data you transmit to the site for any purpose what-so-ever, except as listed below -
- Email Address - We will add you to our Email List should you wish to register for the same. Presently, this email list will only be used to inform you/provide updates of our products and any upcoming products that we may be launching. Please note that you can opt out of this list at any time using the unsubscribe link provided in the email communication itself.
TulaByte does not actively collect any data on our users in any form through any means possible (except as listed above).
Our website does not have any cookies or other user interaction/information collection features deployed by us.
Our App is wholly resident on your device and does not transmit any data to us for any purpose. Please see below for a more detailed explanation on how the App works.
All testing data is based on testing on our services that is done in house at TulaByte, and no user data is collected or used for such purposes.
We do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional or commercial purposes.
The operation of the TulaByte App is explained clearly on other parts of the site. But broadly speaking, the App utilizes a Local VPN Profile to create a system-wide data tunnel. The entirety of the operation is resident on your device, and no data of any sort is transmitted to us in any form what-so-ever, and nor are we able to access any such data at any time.
Presently our App is a subscription service. This ensures that we work for our users and not advertisers or other third parties.
Personal information you disclose to us
TulaByte does not collect any personal information on our users. However, it may be envisaged that some user information may be disclosed to us directly by some of our users as a part of routine business communication. Any personal information that you willingly disclose to us for any reason will be dealt with in context of your interaction with us and the sites, and this will be treated as normal business correspondence. This information will only be used for the specific reason that it was disclosed to us.
Will your information be shared with anyone?
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations -
- compliance with laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- vital interests and legal rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- business transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- business partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- with your consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- other users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions or other content to the sites or platform providers), such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the site (and our app) in perpetuity.
We reserve the right to make changes to this at any time and for any reason. We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last Updated” date of this Policy. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting the updated Policy on the Site, and you waive the right to receive specific notice of each such change or modification.
What are cookies
A “cookie” is a string of information which assigns you a unique identifier that is stored on your computer. Your browser then provides that unique identifier to use each time you submit a query to a site.
Types of cookies
The following types of cookies may be used when you visit a particular site -
- Advertising cookies. Advertising cookies are placed on your computer by advertisers and ad servers in order to display advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you. These cookies allow advertisers and ad servers to gather information about your visits to the site and other websites, alternate the ads sent to a specific computer, and track how often an ad has been viewed and by whom. These cookies are linked to a computer and do not gather any personal information about you.
- Analytics cookies. Analytics cookies monitor how users reached the site, and how they interact with and move around once on the site.
- First party Cookies. Can be either permanent or temporary. These are necessary cookies, without which the site won’t work properly or be able to provide certain features and functionalities. Some of these may be manually disabled in your browser, but may affect the functionality of the site.
- Personalization cookies. Personalization cookies are used to recognize repeat visitors to the site.
- Security cookies. Security cookies help identify and prevent security risks.
- Site management cookies. Site management cookies are used to maintain your identity or session on the site so that you are not logged off unexpectedly, and any information you enter is retained from page to page. These cookies cannot be turned off individually, but you can disable all cookies in your browser.
- Third-party cookies. Third-party cookies may be placed on your computer when you visit a site by companies that run certain services that they offer. These cookies allow the third parties to gather and track certain information about you. These cookies can be manually disabled in your browser.
Control of cookies
Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, you can remove or reject cookies in your browser’s settings. For more information on how to control cookies, check your browser or device’s settings for how you can control or reject cookies.
In addition, you may opt-out of some third-party cookies through the network advertising initiative’s opt-out tool.
Do we use Google/Apple maps?
We do not use Google Maps Apis. We do use Apple Maps to get the base world map in the App. The data overlaid on this remains in the app and on your device and is not shared with anyone.
Do we use Social Media logins?
Our sites do not offer you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins).
Is your information transferred internationally?
Our servers are located world-wide. If you are accessing our sites from outside the E.U, please be aware that your information may be transferred to/through, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “disclosure of your information” above), in the E.U. and other countries.
What is our stance on third-party websites?
How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How do/may we keep your information safe?
We have/will implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the Internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Do we collect information from minors?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the site (and app). If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data, we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us immediately.
What are your privacy rights?
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws.
These may include the right -
- to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information;
- to request rectification or erasure;
- to restrict the processing of your personal information; and
- if applicable, to data portability;
- In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal. If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.Europa.Eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.Html
Cookies and similar technologies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies.
Opting out of email marketing
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list.
Do residents of certain jurisdictions have specific privacy rights?
Yes, if you are a resident of certain jurisdictions (like the EU or California for example), you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
It is up to you to make yourself aware of your rights in the jurisdiction of your residence. We will endeavor to comply with all requests to comply with any specific privacy rights prevalent in your jurisdiction. Please make such requests in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
For Example, California’s civil code section 1798.83, also known as the “shine the light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
Do we make updates to this policy?
How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, please write to us at:
303/8 Musgrave Street, West End, QLD 4101, Australia